Quantum Review Letters
Quantum Review Letters is a non-profit and open access peer-reviewed journal that provides high visibility for quality research on quantum science and related fields. It is an effort by researchers and for researchers to make science more open and publishing more transparent and efficient.
Vol. 1 No. 2 (2020)
Why should you publish in Quantum Review Letters?
- High standards: fast-track peer-review guided personally by the Editorial Board.
- Fast publication: we are committed to providing you with a quick, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- Wider media coverage: through WOOS's award-winning journalistic service.
- Promotion: of individual articles on Twitter.
- Use of Altmetrics to capture wider usage of content online.
QRL welcomes submissions of the following article types:
- Letters: outstanding concise articles, reporting important, new and timely developments. These articles should be deserving of priority review, and you are required to upload a justification statement along with your submission.
- Papers: reports of high-quality original research with conclusions representing a significant advance in the field.
- Special Issue Articles: invited articles, which will form a special collection of papers on a specific theme. When asked to select 'Article Type' on the submission system, please select 'Special Issue Article'. Then select the special issue you're submitting to in the drop down box that appears.
- Perspectives: commissioned brief commentaries that highlight the impact and wider implications of new research.
- Topical Reviews: written by leading researchers in their fields, these articles present the background to and overview of a particular field, and the current state of the art. Topical review articles are typically invited by the Editorial Board.
- Roadmaps: a collection of short 2-3 page perspectives on a topic. Each section has a different author(s), and the sections are combined together into one article for publication. Roadmaps capture the breadth of the hot topics in the field, and, as opposed to a Review article, they are more forward looking. Each perspective should look at the history and status of the topic, current and future challenges, and advances in science and technology needed to address the challenges.
- Comments: comment or criticism on work previously published in the journal. These are usually published with an associated reply.
Quantum Review Letters (QRL) is a open access journal. Subscription publication is free of charge.
Authors have the option to pay the following article publication charge (APC) to publish their article on a gold open access basis under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) licence.
APCs only apply to articles accepted for publication; there are no submission charges.*excluding VAT where applicable
There are no other charges for publishing in QRL.
Paying for open access
Various discounts, waivers and funding arrangements are available to support our authors.